« Home | I am doing good!!! » | Fernando´s Update » | Jesus is alive!!! » | Vila UP Date » | Mercy ministry up date » | Prayer request » | Official Picture from the last retreat » | MORE meetings » | End of Semester Retreat! » | INVESTIGATIVE RETREAT 2008 » 

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lucas (7 Lagoas) Testimony

My name is Lucas and I am an industrial engineering student at UFMG. I started a bible study with Chico almost 5 years ago; the purpose was to understand more about the gospel and how to live it. It took to me several months to start to understand that most of what I have learned in my life was not according to bible. I used to be a very selfish and materialist person; my concerns were carrier, material stuffs and free time… most of it because of the “Perfect Life” that we are submit every day watching TV and reading the newspaper. Slowly I began to understand about the relationship that God wants to create with us and step by step I started to realized how wrong I was… I was in the wrong way of Christ and worst... I thought I was right. But nothing better then the hand of God to touch our heart and lead us to right path; like a miracle I realized that we should let Christ act instead of us trying to fight alone, and again He did not gave up on me; and in every mistake He touched me and show me the way until I could see that my life was changing by His will. That doesn’t mean I did not commit mistakes but now I have a better view of my sins. I now can recognize that the spirit of Christ its with us in every second of life and we should do everything we can to not disappoint our Father. Its was hard in the begging when I started to talk to my family and friends about these changes, its still difficult but now they respect my points of view. Today the burden its light, thanks to the holy spirit that provide knowledge and strength to keep going. For those who still not convince of the God powers read the following: 1 cor 1; 18-26 and 1 cor 2; 4-6

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment