« Home | The difference that God is making in my life! » | Guilherme e Amber are in the US » | A Personal testimony of the Beach Project » | Summer Beach Project » | My Birthday was GREAT! » | Check the pictures of our 1st pre-PNP meeting » | Preparing for The Beach Project 2008 » | Friends in USA » | After the Conference!! » | Lunch on Tuesdays » 

Friday, February 15, 2008

Finding Joy in the small things


Before knowing God, I always had an emptiness in me, that was mainly the result for the lack of a love of father in my life, and I tried to fill this emptiness through drinking, using drugs, trying happiness in women, working, studying, but I did not find happiness I in none of these things. I only found true joy in God. I was in this beach project that the emptiness that existed in me was total filled by the love of God. He showed me that I can find joy in small things when they are done for God's Glory as for example to dance. The confidence that I got in God is now reflected in my relationships and I started to have true communion with other people showing the real me, and then I started to see the importance of the community in my life so that I can experience each time more the love of God.

Bruno Ribeiro

Mechanical Eng. Studet UFMG

Antes de conhecer a Deus sempre existiu um vazio em mim, provocado principalmente pela falta de um amor de pai em minha vida, e eu tentava preencher este vazio atraves de bebidas, drogas, mulheres, trabalho, faculdade, mas eu nao encontrei felicidade em nenhuma destas coisas eu só encontrei alegria verdadeira em Deus e foi neste projeto na praia que o vazio que existia em mim foi totalmente preenchido pelo amor de Deus.Ele me mostrou como posso experimentar alegria em pequenas coisas quando elas sao feitas para a sua gloria como por exemplo dancar.A confianca que obtive em Deus refletiu nos meus relacionamentos e eu passei a ter comunhao verdadeira com as pessoas mostrando o que eu realmente sinto, e entao passei a enxergar  a importancia da comunidade na minha vida para que eu possa estar experimentando cada vez mais do amor de Deus.

Bruno Ribeiro

Mechanical Eng. Studet UFMG

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment